Well Control Methods for Mac (OS X)
The Well Control for Mac provides to drillers, tool pushers, engineers, chemists, students and other professionals in Oil & Gas industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling of oil wells the understanding the methods of well control.
This application uses the basic calculations of the methods to control oil wells after the occurrence of kick during drilling operations on floating platforms and landing rigs.
Well Control Methods:
1. Driller’s Method
2. Wait and Weight
3. Static Volumetric: Migration and bleed;
4. Static Volumetric: Lubricate and Bleed (Top Kill)
5. Dynamic Volumetric
1) Calculations of Riser Safety Margin;
2) Included the formulas;
3) Ability to work with data files (On Mac / iCloud);
4) Pop-up view to alert user about invalid values (option);
5) Ability to move drill string and position of kick off the bottom;
6) Views with calculations of hydrostatics, capacities, volumes and more.
7) Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
8) Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
9) Selection of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
10) Calculation of the ECD on bottom hole and the casing shoe;
11) Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
12) Selecting the system of units;
15) Drill string sections: Drill pipe1, Drill pipe2, Heavy Weight, drill collar1 and drill collar2
16) Included Qty / Size of Jet Nozzles;
17) Option for Bit TFA fixed;
18) View for Internal pipe and Annulus friction losses and hydrostatic calculations.
19) Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
20) Summary of methods;
21) Sections in the well: Riser, Casing, Liner and Open Hole.
New in this update:
- Minor fixes
- Some improvements
Visit our Portfolio on the App Store for more Oil & Gas apps for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac OS X.
Visit our website for more Oil & Gas apps for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac OS X.