Drilling Simulator for iPhone – Introductory Level
New in this update 1.3 (Coming Soon):
1. Sharing data files with iCloud;
2. Added Liner and Drillpipe 2;
3. Support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5;
4. Compatibility with the Apps “Well Control Simulator“, “Well Control Methods“, “Kick Tolerance” and “Drilling Hydraulics“.
Current Version 1.2:
Drilling Simulator – Introductory level provides a graphical very useful tool for training of roughnecks, derrickmen, drillers and students in basic drilling concepts and in the kick detection based on the behavior of the parameters during the drilling an oil well and of the behavior of kick in the well after the shut-in the well.
– Drilling (bit rotation, geolograph, neutral point);
– Kick Detection;
– Hard Shut-in;
– Behavior of kick;
Note: This app NOT allows to control the well after the kick detection and shut-in.
The simulation ends after the simulations of underground blowout and blowout to surface.
– Use the App “Well Control Simulator” to control the well.
– Use the App “Well Control Methods” about methods to Control the well.
1) Panel with the following parameters: pump pressure, mud pump speed, strokes totalizer, flow rate, mud weight, bit depth, rotary speed, hookload and weight on the bit;
2) Instruments with pointers to the parameters: pump pressure, hookload and weight on the bit;
3) Geolograph with parameters: drillpipe pressure, choke pressure, active volume, percent of flow, rotary torque, drilling rate and flow in, flow out.
4) Panel with alarms: pump failure, vol high, flow high, bop failure and bop status;
5) Well Config, Circulation Options, Set Alarms, Graph Limits, X-times faster, Pause/Continue, Restart, Send by email, about and Hydraulics;
6) set drillstring with drillpipe, heavy-weight and drillcollar;
7) Select floating rig or land rig;
8) Select unit systems: International, field1 (imperial) and field2 (mix);
9) set fluid parameters: mud weight, plastic viscosity, yield point and initial gel;
10) Select rheological models: Power or Bingham;
11) Set gradients: fracture and temperature;
12) Set jet nozzles or fixed TFA;
13) Set choke parameters and BOP test pressure;
14) Set Surface circulation volume;
15) Set surface circulation equipments (mud pump and lines);
16) Set four formations to drilling (height, pore gradient, fluid density and sof/hard);
17) Save configuration to data files;
18) Select circulation options: drillpipe -> Riser, Kill -> Riser, Close/Open (Hard shut-in) the well;
19) Set alarms: pit gain, flow rate out, max pump pressure and max pump power;
20) Register the kill line losses and pump pressure at the kill speed;
21) show the well with drillstring and neutrl point and show the drillbit on rotating;
22) Show schematic of well with drillstring, kick and neutral point (%);
23) Adjust pump speed, weight on the bit and rotary speed to drilling until kick detection;
24) Shut-in the well using hard method;
25) Register shut-in drillpipe pressure (SIDPP) and choke pressure (SICP) and gain volume;
26) behavior of the kick: keeping the well closed and keeping the well opened;
27) Simulations: Underground Blowout at casing shoe and blowout with failure of bop;
28) Capacities and Volumes calculations;
29) Hydrostatic and critical pressures calculations;
30) Hydraulics calculations;
You must be logged in to post a comment.