Drilling Hydraulics for iPad 2.8
2. Options outstanding: Injecting into the drill string with the return flowline or by injecting the kill line to return the choke;
3. Options wells in floating units or in drilling landing rigs;
4. Use of two mud pumps in parallel (total 04 mud pumps)
5. Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
6. Calculations of the hydraulic drill bit and the system by friction;
7. Frictional losses in all sections, also showing the length, velocity, flow regime and Reynolds number in each section.
8. Calculation of the ECD on bottom hole and the casing/liner shoe with TVD;
9. Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing/liner shoe with TVD;
10. Calculation of bottoms up time;
11. View for Hydraulics Optimization: Pressure x Flow rate chart with touchscreen and rotation (portrait / landscape) and scale definition. Ability to change bit depth or bit TFA for instantaneous plotting.
12. Selecting the system of units: METRIC, SI, FIELD 1 (Imperial) and FIELD 2 (mix).
13. Load / Save Data File.
14. Drillstring sections: Drill pipe 1, Drill pipe 2, Heavy Weight, Drill Collar 1 and Drill Collar 2.
15. Well sections: Riser, Casing, Liner and Open Hole;
16. Ability to select Qty / Size of Jet Nozzles of Drillbit.
17. Option for Bit TFA fixed;
18. Ability to send Hydraulics reports by email;
19. Circulating Kill Line -> Choke;
20. Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (Bottom Hole , Casing Shoe, Liner Top and Liner Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
21. Booster Line
22. Drilling Motor (Entry of the Pressure Drop Across Motor by user)
New in the next update 2.8 (coming soon):
– Support for iOS 6
– Improvements to print
– Ability to use the iPad on landscape position on all views
– Recalculate DP as necessary to surface automatically with bit on bottom when editing BHA or Well Depth
– Added option to select velocity unit to #/min or #/sec
– On circulation by kill, option to select return by riser or choke
– Added 2 mud pumps (total 04)
– Added Booster Line
– Added Drilling Motor in the BHA (Entry of the Pressure Drop Across Motor by user, using Motor Performance Curves chart).
Note: These features also apply to the new versions for iPhone and Mac OS X (coming soon too).