Drilling Hydraulics for Mac OS X Lion
Drilling Hydraulics on Mac App Store
The Drilling Hydraulics provides to drillers, tool pushers, drilling engineers, chemists, students and other professionals in the petroleum industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling of oil wells for hydraulics calculations, optimization of the penetration rate and can help on the decision on selection of bit nozzles.
New in the next Version 1.5
– Added Drill Pipe 2 and LINER;
– Input Pump Speed, Pump Flow and Bit TFA by keyboard.
– Change Velocity unit from ft/s to ft/min.
1. Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
2. Options outstanding: Injecting into the drill string with the return flowline or by injecting the kill line to return the choke;
3. Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
4. Use of two mud pumps in parallel;
5. Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
6. Calculations of the hydraulic drill bit and on the system by friction;
7. Frictional losses in all sections, also showing the length, velocity, flow regime and Reynolds number in each section.
8. Calculation of the ECD on bottom hole and the casing shoe or liner shoe;
9. Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe or liner shoe;
10. Calculation of bottoms up time;
11. Pressure x Flow Rate and scale definition. Ability to change bit depth, bit TFA, pump Speed or pump flow for instantaneous plotting.
12. Selecting the system of units;
13. Saves the data to reload later.
14. Well Sections: Liner, Casing, Liner and Open Hole;
15. Drillstring sections: drillpipe1, drillpipe 2, Heavy-weight, drillcollar 1 and drill collar 2.
16. Included Qty / Size of Jet Nozzles;
17. Option for Bit TFA fixed;
18. Basic Directional Hydrostatic calculations (Bottom Hole and Casing/Liner Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)