Well Control Methods
iPhone and iPod Touch: Current version 2.3 on App Store
iPad: Current version 2.3 on App Store
Mac OS X Lion: Current version 1.6 on App Store
This application uses the basic calculations of the methods to control oil wells after the occurrence of kick during drilling operations on floating platforms and land rigs.
It is can be applied in the oilfield of petroleum and also help in understanding the methods of well control.
Well Control Methods:
1. Driller’s Method
2. Wait and Weight
3. Dynamic Volumetric
4. Static Volumetric – Migration / Bleed
5. Static Volumetric – Lubricate / Bleed
iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac OS X Lion:
– Option to input Kill Rate Pressure (Slow Circulation Pressure), Choke Line losses, Strokes Annular/Drillstring manually or calculated on Driller’s / Wait & Wait Methods;
iPhone, iPod Touch only:
– Added new views with procedures for driller’s method and wait and weight method;
iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad:
– Replaced examples with new examples from app “Well Control Simulator”.
Directional Drilling Survey for iPad
On the iTunes App Store
New in this update 2.0:
1. Well Planning with multi sections (to 10 sections);
2. Ability to build a section with build-up/drop-off rate to change inclination and TURN RATE to change azimuth.
3. Ability to customize each section with color, show/hide section in graph, show/hide data in graph and move position, show/hide plan view in 3D and show/hide departure dashed line and Circle Radius;