Kick Tolerance for iPhone and iPod Touch
New in this update:
The Kick Tolerance provides to drilling engineers, chemists, technicians, students and others professionals in the Oil & Gas industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling operation (well control) and planning phase of oil wells.
This application deals with two concepts:
1- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Pore Equivalent Weight;
2- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume.
Both with graphical analyzes.
For both the concepts, the calculations uses the Fracture Gradient defined in “Well Configuration -> Gradient” views.
Please, see User Guide for more details.
1) Calculations of the Choke Line Effect;
2) Included the formulas;
3) Ability to work with data files locally and on iCloud;
4) Sharing Data Files with iCloud and importing wells from other apps;
5) Views with calculations of capacities, volumes and more.
6) Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
7) Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
8) Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
9) Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
10) Selecting the system of units: Metric, SI, Imperial and Mix;
11) Selection of units also per parameter;
12) Printing and email attachments with retina display;
13) Drill string sections: drill pipe 1, drill pipe 2, heavy weight, drill collar 1 and drill collar 2.
14) Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
15) Ability to send data file by email;
16) Ability to open in… from Mail app;
17) Support for iTunes file sharing;