Kick Tolerance for Mac (OS X)
The Kick Tolerance provides to drilling engineers, chemists, technicians, students and others professionals in the Oil & Gas industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling operation (well control) and planning phase of oil wells.
This application deals with two concepts:
1- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Pore Equivalent Weight;
2- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume.
Both with graphical analyzes.
For both the concepts, the calculations uses the Fracture Gradient defined in “Well Configuration -> Gradients” views.
1. For KT as Maximum Pore Equiv Weight
– Plot KT x Maximum Kick Volume
KT (Maximum Pore Equiv Weight) = mudWeight + (casingShoe/wellDepth) * (Fract Equiv Weight – mudWeight) – (KickLength/wellDepth) * (mudWeight – kickDensity);
=> Known the Maximum Kick Volume, find the KT as the Maximum Pore Gradient;
2. For KT as Maximum Pit Gain Volume:
Plot KI = the difference ( Pore Equiv Weight – Mud Weight ) versus Maximum Kick Volume (Pit Gain)
The kick tolerance is the smaller of the two volumes between V2 and V3.
This KT is showed in the Graph: KI versus KT Volume.
1) Calculations of the Choke Line Effect;
2) Included the formulas;
3) Ability to work with data files locally and on iCloud;
4) Sharing Data Files with iCloud and importing wells from other apps;
5) Views with calculations of capacities, volumes and more.
6) Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
7) Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
8) Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
9) Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
10) Selecting the system of units: Metric, SI, Imperial and Mix;
11) Selection of units also per parameter;
12) Drill string sections: drill pipe 1, drill pipe 2, heavy weight, drill collar 1 and drill collar 2.
13) Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
14) Ability to send data file by email;
15) Data files compatible with iPhone and iPad editions;
New in this update 3.0:
- Compatibility with iOS version
- Open/Save files on iCloud using the default dialog
- Added some improvements
Visit our Portfolio on the App Store for more Oil & Gas apps for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac OS X.
Visit our website for more Oil & Gas apps for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac OS X.