Kick Tolerance for iPhone and iPod Touch 3.0
Redesigned for iOS 7
The Kick Tolerance provides to drilling engineers, chemists, technicians, students and others professionals in the Oil & Gas industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling operation (well control) and planning phase of oil wells.This version is completely interactive and allows users to define a wide variety of parameters for oil wells, save data to files.
– For well control simulation, use another app “Well Control Simulator”.
– For simulation of leak-off test, use another app “Leak-Off Test Simulator”;
– For methods to control, use another app “Well Control Methods”;
– For drilling simulation, use another app “Drilling Simulator”;
– For hydraulic calculations, use another app “Drilling Hydraulics”;
These tools can complement (work with) this simulator by importing /exporting data files which can be used in this application;
This application deals with two concepts:
1- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Pore Equivalent Density;
2- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume.
Both with graphical analyzes.
1) Calculations of the Choke Line Effect;
2) Included the formulas;
3) Ability to work with data files locally and on iCloud);
4) Pop-up view to alert user about invalid values;
5) Views with calculations of capacities, volumes and more.
6) Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
7) Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
8) Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
9) Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
10) Selecting the system of units;
11) Selecting units also per parameter;
12) Drill string sections: drill pipe 1, drill pipe 2, Heavy-weight, drill collar 1 and drill collar 2.
13) Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth);
14) Ability to send data file by email;
15) Ability to open in… from Mail app;
16) Support for iTunes file sharing;
17) Ability to import data files from other apps;
18) Printing and attachments with retina display.
Visit our Portfolio on the App Store for more Oil & Gas apps for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac OS X.
Visit our website for more Oil & Gas apps for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac OS X.
Leave a Reply