Well Control Methods 2.6 for iPhone and iPod Touch
New in this update:
– Support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5;
– Ability to select units also per parameter;
– Ability to import data from other apps;
– Recalculate DP as necessary to surface automatically with bit on bottom when editing BHA or Well Depth;
– Improved printing and email attachments with retina display
– Changed hydrostatic factor from 0.052 to 0.051948 (due the new method to choice units)
This application uses the basic calculations of the methods to control oil wells after the occurrence of kick during drilling operations on floating platforms and land rigs.
This app is completely interactive and allows users to define a wide variety of parameters for oil wells and unit system, save data and more.
It is can be applied in the oilfield and also help on understanding the methods of the well control.
For Simulation, use the another app “Well Control Simulation”.
For new features, report bugs, improvements and suggestions please contact us: email@example.com
Well Control Methods:
1. Driller’s Method
2. Wait and Weight
3. Dynamic Volumetric
4. Static Volumetric – Migration / Bleed
5. Static Volumetric – Lubricate / Bleed
6) Calculations of Riser Safety Margin;
7) Included the formulas;
8) Ability to work with multiple files;
9) Sections: Riser, Casing, Liner and Open Hole;
10) Pop-up view to alert user about invalid values;
11) Send resume of methods by email.
12) Show graph theoretical of the methods.
13) Set drillstring with drillpipe1, drillpipe2, heavy weight, drillcollar1 and drillcollar2;
14) Select floating rig or land rig;
15) Select unit systems: Metric, SI, field1 (imperial) and field2 (mix);
16) set fluid parameters: mud weight, plastic viscosity, yield point and initial gel;
17) Select rheological models: Power or Bingham;
18) Set gradients: formations and temperature;
19) Set jet nozzles or fixed TFA;
20) Vertical or Slant Well Type (KOP, TVD and Measured Depth);
21) Set surface circulation equipments (mud pump and lines);
22) Save configuration to data files;
23) Show schematic of well with drillstring;
23) Useful for filling of Standardized Kill Sheets for Well Control;
24) Useful for Filling of Previous Recorded Sheets;
25) Capacities and Volumes calculations;
26) Hydrostatic and critical pressures calculations;
27) Hydraulics calculations;