Drilling Hydraulics for iPhone and iPod Touch
New in release 2.7:
– Sharing Data Files with iCloud.
The Drilling Hydraulics provides the driller, tool pushers, drilling engineers, chemists, students and other professionals in the petroleum industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling of oil wells for hydraulics calculations, optimization of the penetration rate and can help on the decision on selection of bit nozzles.
1. Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
2. Options outstanding: Injecting into the drill string with the return flowline or by injecting the kill line to return the choke;
3. Options wells in floating units or in drilling landing rigs;
4. Use of two mud pumps in parallel;
5. Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
6. Calculations of the hydraulic drill bit and the system by friction;
7. Frictional losses in all sections, also showing the length, velocity, flow regime and Reynolds number in each section.
8. Calculation of the ECD on bottom hole and the casing/liner shoe with TVD;
9. Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing/liner shoe with TVD;
10. Calculation of bottoms up time;
11. View for Hydraulics Optimization: Pressure x Flow rate chart with touchscreen and rotation (portrait / landscape) and scale definition. Ability to change bit depth or bit TFA for instantaneous plotting.
12. Selecting the system of units: METRIC, SI, FIELD 1 (Imperial) and FIELD 2 (mix).
13. Load / Save Data File.
14. Drillstring sections: Drill pipe 1, Drill pipe 2, Heavy Weight, Drill Collar 1 and Drill Collar 2.
15. Well sections: Riser, Casing, Liner and Open Hole;
16. Ability to select Qty / Size of Jet Nozzles of Drillbit.
17. Option for Bit TFA fixed;
18. Ability to send Hydraulics reports by email;
19. Circulating Kill Line -> Choke;
20. Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (Bottom Hole , Casing Shoe, Liner Top and Liner Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
Leave a Reply