Well Control Methods for iPad 2.1
This application uses the basic calculations of the methods to control oil wells after the occurrence of kick during drilling operations on floating platforms and land rigs.
This app is completely interactive and allows users to define a wide variety of parameters for oil wells and unit system, save data and more.
It is can be applied in the oilfield of petroleum and also help in understanding the methods of well control.
Well Control Methods:
1. Driller’s Methods
2. Wait and Weight
3. Dynamic Volumetric
4. Static Volumetric – Migration / Bleed
5. Static Volumetric – Lubricate / Bleed
6. Calculations of Riser Safety Margin;
7. Included the formulas;
8. Ability to work with multiple files;
9. Pop-up view to alert user about invalid values;
10. Send resume of methods by email.
11. Show graph theoretical of the methods.
12. Set drillstring with drillpipe, heavy-weight, drillcollar1 and drillcollar2;
13. Select floating rig or land rig;
14) Select unit systems: Metric, SI, field1 (imperial) and field2 (mix);
15) set fluid parameters: mud weight, plastic viscosity, yield point and initial gel;
16) Select rheological models: Power or Bingham;
17) Set gradients: formations and temperature;
18) Set jet nozzles or fixed TFA;
19) Set choke parameters;
20) Vertical or Slant Well Type (KOP, TVD and Measured Depth);
21) Set surface circulation equipments (mud pump and lines);
22) Save configuration to data files;
23) Show schematic of well with drillstring;
24) Useful for filling of Standardized Kill Sheets for Well Control;
25) Useful for Filling of Previous Recorded Sheets;
26) Capacities and Volumes calculations;
27) Hydrostatic and critical pressures calculations;
28) Hydraulics calculations;
New in release 2.1:
– iOS5 tested;
– Improvements with data input: now there is no need to tap [done] for each entry, only on the last text field.
– Option to select Vertical or Directional Well;
– Option to select unit systems: Metric, SI, Field1 (Imperial) and Field2 (mix);
– Improvement with save/load data file