Drilling Hydraulics for iPhone and iPod Touch
The Drilling Hydraulics provides to driller, tool pushers, engineers, chemists, students and other professionals in the petroleum industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling of oil wells for hydraulics calculations, optimization of the penetration rate and can help on the decision on selection of bit nozzles.
1. Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
2. Options outstanding: Injecting into the drill string with the return flowline or by injecting the kill line to return the choke;
3. Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
4. Use of two mud pumps in parallel;
5. Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
6. Calculations of the hydraulic drill bit and the system by friction;
7. Frictional losses in all sections, also showing the length, regime of flow and Reynolds number in each section.
8. Calculation of the ECD on bottom hole and the casing shoe with TVD;
9. Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe with TVD;
10. Calculation of bottoms up time;
11. View for Hydraulics Optimization: Pressure x Flow rate chart with touchscreen and rotation (portrait / landscape) and scale definition. Ability to change bit depth or bit TFA for instantaneous plotting.
12. Selecting the system of units;
13. Load / Save Data File.
14. Drill string sections: Drill pipe, Heavy-Weight Drill Pipe, Drill Collar 1 and Drill Collar 2.
15. Ability to select Qty / Size of Jet Nozzles of Drillbit;
16. Option for Bit TFA fixed;
17. Ability to send Hydraulics reports by email;
18. Circulating Kill Line -> Choke;
New in release 2.2:
1. Added Drill Collar 2 in the drillstring;
2. Added Casing Shoe TVD and Well TVD;
3. Fixed issues with Well Configuration;
4. Improved Save/Load Data Files;
5. Added View to Hydrostatic and Friction calculations;
6. Added View to Set Pump Speed and Flow Rate;
7. Review of Hydraulics calculations.
Leave a Reply