Kick Tolerance for Mac OS X Lion
(iMac, Macbook and Macbook Air)
Awaiting for approval by Apple
The Kick Tolerance provides to drilling engineers, chemists, technicians, students and others professionals in the Oil & Gas industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling operation (well control) and planning phase of oil wells.
This application deals with two concepts:
1- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Pore Gradient;
2- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume.
Both with graphical analyzes.
For both the concepts, the calculations uses the Fracture Gradient defined in “Well Configuration -> Gradients” views.
For KT as Maximum Pore Gradient:
– Plot KT x Maximum Kick Volume
KT (Maximum Pore Gradient) = mudWeight + (casingShoe/wellDepth) * (fractGradWEq – mudWeight) – (KickLength/wellDepth) * (mudWeight – kickDensityWeq);
=> Known the Maximum Kick Volume, find the KT as the Maximum Pore Gradient;
For KT as Maximum Pit Gain Volume:
Plot KI = the difference ( Pore Gradient – Mud Weight ) versus Maximum Kick Volume (Pit Gain)
KI (Pore Gradient – Mud Weight)
= (casingShoe/wellDepth) * (fractGradWEq – mudWeight) – (KickLength/wellDepth) * (mudWeight – kickDensityWeq);
=> Known the difference (Pore Gradient – Mud Weight), find the Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume.
1) Calculations of the Choke Line Effect;
2) Included the formulas;
3) Ability to work with multiple files (save / load data file);
4) Pop-up view to alert user about invalid values;
5) Views with calculations of capacities, volumes and more.
6) Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
7) Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
8) Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
9) Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
10) Selecting the system of units;
11) Drill string sections: Drill pipe, Heavy-weight drill pipe, drill collar 1 and drill collar 2.
12) Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)