Well Control Simulator for iPad 1.4
Now available on the App Store
Well Control Simulator Provides a graphical very useful tool for training of roughnecks, derrickmen, drillers, tool pushers, drilling engineers and students in the well control procedures.
– Interactive System: no pre-set methods;
– Ability to apply methods: Driller’s method, wait and weight, dynamic volumetric and static volumetric (lubricate and bleed);
– Capacities and Volumes;
– Hydraulics and Hydrostatics and critical pressures calculations;
– Behavior of the kick;
– Applied with subsea stack and surface stack;
The model assumes that the kick starts as a single bubble and migrates upward as a single bubble from the bottom to the surface.
- For simulation of drilling and kick detection, use another app “Drilling Simulator“.
- For simulation of leak-off test, use another app “Leak-Off Test Simulator“;
- For methods to control, use another app “Well Control Methods“;
- For kick tolerance calculations, use another app “Kick Tolerance“;
- For hydraulic calculations, use another app “Drilling Hydraulics“;
New in this update 1.4:
- Improved Stability;
- Improved Well Configuration;
- Improved the work with data files;
- Added button to reset kick
Use the app “Drilling Simulator” to drill, detect kick, close the well and wait for stabilization of the pressures:
Import by iCloud to control:
Apply the Driller’s Method:
or apply the Wait and Weight Method: