Drilling Hydraulics for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes
Drilling Hydraulics for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes…
Learn more, read reviews, and download Drilling Hydraulics by Cafm on the iTunes App Store.
The Drilling Hydraulics provides the driller, tool pushers, engineers, chemists, students and other professionals in the petroleum industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling of oil wells for hydraulics calculations, optimization of the penetration rate and can help on the decision on selection of bit nozzles.
1. Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
2. Options outstanding: Injecting into the drill string with the return flowline or by injecting the kill line to return the choke;
3. Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
4. Use of two mud pumps in parallel;
5. Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
6. Calculations of the hydraulic drill bit and the system by friction;
7. Frictional losses in all sections, also showing the length, hydrostatic and Reynolds number in each section;
8. Calculation of the ECD on bottom hole and the casing shoe;
9. Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
10. Calculation of bottoms up time;
11. Pressure x Flow chart with touchscreen and rotation (portrait / landscape) and scale definition;
12. Selecting the system of units;
13. Saves the data to reload later;
Formulas used in rheological models:
Power-law Model: API Recommended Practice 13D – Rheology and hydraulics of oil-well drilling fluids, 2009-10-05
Bingham Model: IADC Drilling Manual, eBook Version (V.11), 2000
You must be logged in to post a comment.